BJZZB00 Lafayette 3606 Engine Caterpillar parts 3606 Lafayette
Alternative (cross code) number:
Buy Lafayette 3606 Engine BJZZB00 Caterpillar genuine, new aftermarket tractor parts with delivery
Compatible equipment models: BJZZB00:
MARINE ENGINE 3606 Caterpillar
Illustration 1 g06154862
Schematic for passive engine temperature sensors on the P2 connector
Illustration 2 g01981034
Typical view of the P2 pin locations for the temperature sensors
(8) NRS temperature sensor signal
(9) Coolant temperature sensor signal
(10) Fuel temperature sensor signal
(19) Intake manifold air temperature sensor signal
(56) Fuel temperature sensor and coolant temperature sensor ground
(57) NRS temperature sensor and intake manifold air temperature sensor ground
Illustration 3 g01170313
Typical view of an engine temperature sensor
(2) Ground For sensors that are connected to the P1/J1 connector, refer to the electrical schematic for the application.For sensors that are connected to the P2/J2 connector, refer to Illustration 1.Complete the procedure in the order in which the steps are listed.
Troubleshooting Test Steps Values Results
1. Inspect Electrical Connectors and Wiring
A. Thoroughly inspect the terminal connections on the ECM connectors and the engine temperature sensors. Refer to Troubleshooting, "Electrical Connectors - Inspect".
B. Perform a 45 N (10 lb) pull test on each of the wires in the ECM connector and the sensor connectors that are associated with the active diagnostic code.
C. Check the screw for the ECM connector for the correct torque of 6 N m (53 lb in).
D. Check the harness for corrosion, abrasion, and pinch points from the engine temperature sensors to the ECM.
Loose connection or damaged wire
Result: There is a fault in a connector or the wiring.
Repair: Repair any faulty connectors or replace the wiring harness. Ensure that all the seals are properly in place and ensure that the connectors are correctly coupled.
Use the electronic service tool to clear all logged